Sunday, October 28, 2012

from the garden {fall bulb planting}

Today was the day I decided to finally get out in my garden to do the necessary fall clean-up. I cut back what needed to be cut back, cleaned up some overgrown areas, and then dug so many holes for spring bulbs. Fall garden clean-up, to be honest, isn't my favorite. It makes me feel a bit sad to think of how quickly the warm weather months once again flew by. However, there is so much to be said about planting bulbs in the fall for springtime delight. I planted an enormous amount of tulips, a more sane amount of daffodils and grape hyacinths, and a few globe allium since a little of those go a long way. Unlike buying annuals at the garden nursery, there is no instant gratification with bulbs. But the end result, after a usually long winter, is so worth it. Come springtime, seeing the little tips of green peak out from the earth makes this gardener's heart fill with happiness.  

stunningly beautiful tulips
~photo credit unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment