Thursday, May 16, 2013

lilacs in bloom, part 1

It's one of my favorite times of year - the time when lilacs bloom! It's hard for me to pick a favorite flower, but if I absolutely had to chose, lilacs would win out. I took a nice stroll through the UW-Aboretum yesterday, and I snapped some of these early lilacs. The Arboretum looked gorgeous; with late blooming magnolias still going strong, crabapples & redbuds in bloom, and lilacs entering the mix. I think the full lilac grove with be in peak bloom in a few days. If you're in Madison, it's a must see. And, the fragrance is divine. Allergies be damned, lilacs are too beautiful to miss!
a lavender colored lilac with a
teeny white rim around the petals 
four petaled, pink - classic!
a pinkish lavender with some opened
and some closed blossoms
this one will be a beauty in a couple of days!
double petaled and more saturated - I love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment