Saturday, June 2, 2012

inspired: Professor Narciso Menocal

Today while walking around the lovely neighborhood I call home, by happenstance, I ran into one of my most formative college professors, Professor Narciso Menocal. Menocal taught the History of Architecture course at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, one of the many art history classes which I took because I absolutely adored the subjects. This course, specifically, is one that I never stopped thinking about. Menocal's lively lectures were filled with fascinating information and detail, that even now, some 12+ years later I can easily recall so much of what he taught. It's the type of knowledge he shared that continues to enrich my life - what an excellent teacher! I am so grateful to him and grateful to have had the opportunity to thank him today for teaching me so much that formed my outlook of the visual world. Thank you Professor Menocal.


No comments:

Post a Comment