Sunday, July 29, 2012

scenes from a farmers' market, part 2

Yesterday morning, my husband and I rode our bikes down to the capitol square for breakfast and to take in the Dane County Farmers' Market. The market was bustling - full of people, produce, and plants and flowers. What a treasure we have here in Madison with our many farmers' markets, though the Dane County Farmers' Market, to me, always takes the prize. Even back in my college days I remember heading up to the square for a little produce and flower shopping. It's great to see people of all ages enjoy the market. Here's some of the photos I snapped while out and about.
the vegetable and herb garden on the square
a cute reusable bag
brother and sister playing tag on the grass around the capitol
one of the many farmers' stalls
patty-pan squash, one of my favorites!
kids taking in a bee colony
a flower vendor, staying cool in the shade
our beautiful capitol dome, reflected in a nearby building

No comments:

Post a Comment