Wednesday, November 23, 2016

running - restoration in progress

Although it was drizzling and the temperature was cool, my run this morning was wonderful. I should preface this by noting that I just started running about a month ago, after get this - a 15 year hiatus! There were lots of reasons why I stopped running, but there are even more reasons why I started again. I'm not fast, and I try not to even think about my mile time. Instead, I think about my surroundings and the changing of the seasons that has happened right before my eyes, and find that these thoughts have been incredibly helpful in clearing my mind. Today I ran just about 6 miles, which for someone who never saw herself running "for fun" again is pretty amazing. Here are a few photos I snapped while out on my run this morning. 

how I feel when I run
a mighty oak - I love this tree
post-run and oh so happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment