Friday, November 4, 2011

flowerful friday

The growing season here in the upper Midwest is slowing down. In my garden, my mums are still going strong and with their blooms still upright and bright, they seem a little boastful as compared to their floral counterparts. 

I think it's hard to believe how quickly this year has gone, and it seems like just yesterday that the daffodils were blooming! Here's a collections of yellowish-orange flowers from spring to fall. I love all of their golden hues. 

spring: teeny daffodils from my garden
spring: snapdragons en masse
 at the Chicago Conservatory
summer: don't these flowers look happy?
at Olbrich Garden
summer: wildflowers are beautiful too!
at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum
fall: an autumnal bouquet from my garden
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment