Wednesday, November 23, 2011

shout out - brasserie v

One of our favorite restaurants here in Madison is Brasserie V, a small, neighborhood restaurant that specializes in a seasonal menu and beer, especially Belgium beer. I'm not a beer drinker, but I still find Brasserie V to be delightful. I love that it's right in our neighborhood and that there can't be more than 10 tables in the restaurant, which creates such a cozy vibe. Even on a weeknight the place gets a lot of patrons, no doubt drawn in for the tasty dishes and extensive drink list, not to mention a really pleasant atmosphere. We enjoyed our dinner at Brasserie V tonight, and I snapped a few photos for you to see...
red wine - Chilean for my husband,
Spanish for me
a little oil light
lends a beautiful glow
the frites are a must-do!
my entree - leek risotto 
my husband's choice -
the restaurant's signature burger
chocolate mouse pie for him,
port for her
If you're here in Madison, you need to check out and support this outstanding local business! Here's their website: http://www.brasseriev.com/home/welcome_.html.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11/23/2011

    Was the risotto as good as yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the shout out! We LOVE the Monroe Street neighborhood, and are so happy you enjoyed your evening out last Wednesday. Interesting to note you didn't have a Smoked Turkey sandwich - we definitely saw a dip in sales on that sandwich last week... :) Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

    ReplyDelete