Sunday, January 29, 2012

the beauty of a curve

I came across this gorgeous black and white photograph of a ballerina en pointe exuding incredible grace and feeling of weightlessness. I think the ballerina is stunning and the photograph is breath-taking.  
from: http://a-ballet-blog.tumblr.com/
check it out for more beautiful ballet shots
The ballerina's gracefully arched back, perfectly curved hands, and feet en pointe got me thinking about the beauty of a curve. Straight lines are, to me, very orderly and can be very modern looking -- both which can be great things. But wouldn't you agree, there is a softness to a curve that can be quite lovely? Here are two of my photos that are of simple subjects, but capture the beauty of a curve.
a very simple floral arrangement - borage from my garden
beautifully curving into an arch
I think a curvy path is so much more
interesting than a straight one

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1/29/2012

    I'm so impressed with you creativity!

    ReplyDelete