Friday, January 13, 2012

flowerful friday

Yesterday in Madison we got our 1st substantial snow fall of the season. Everything is gorgeously coated in a crisp white. The tall evergreen that I see outside a bedroom window looks like frosting was magically and most generously applied to it. All of this newly fallen snow makes the garden look quite beautiful once again by tying everything together with bright white. 

This blanket of snow makes me think of white flowers in the warmer months and how they, like snow, can tie everything in a garden together, making for a completely classic look.
a few of my favorites - delphinium,
single and double petaled lilacs,
and hosta flowers
"Peony after the Rain" by me
I'm pretty sure we can't go wrong with a few white
flowers to add an element of brightness
and neutrality to a garden's palette
Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment