Thursday, September 13, 2012

plant your {victory} garden

As I've gotten to be a better gardener, my small garden has produced more than I ever thought it would! Learning to know what to plant, where to plant, and how often to plant to really start maximizing produce has been an incredibly interesting and rewarding process. Having a small garden is increasingly popular - whether gardens are grown for purposes of health, finances, or recreation - having a garden is a wonderful way to enjoy fresh home-grown vegetables. 

Here are some beautiful, colorful victory garden posters from WWII. Their imagery and messages still ring true.

our purchases of vegetables has significantly
dropped since we rely on our garden 

 a British WWII poster
plant your own!
me and my "victory garden"  :-)
photo credit: my mom



1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/13/2012

    Love your Victory Garden and the produce from your garden! Keep up with the good work ;-)

    ReplyDelete