Saturday, November 26, 2011

light and reflections

Water's ability to capture light and reflections and create sublime beauty is something that always grasps and holds my attention. One of my favorite water features can be found right here in Madison at Olbrich Garden. This fountain is like a big copper bowl, though bowl doesn't really do it justice. With its calming cadence of bubbling water it isn't the type of fountain that awes by pure "wattage" or sheer volume, but rather by its tranquility and less-is-more effect. 

As you walk nearer, the water's serene dance and song pull you in, allowing you to forget all of the hub-bub of the world outside of the gardens. It's at this point I notice myself taking deeper, slower breaths and feel the garden become my world - where all else is temporarily forgotten. 
like a Siren's song, calling me in
looking down into the surface reflections
What a wonderful place to escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment