Thursday, December 15, 2011

10 days until Christmas!

With work trips and visiting with family and friends, this month has flown by so quickly, I really can't believe Christmas is just 10 days away. Yes, the tree is up, decorated, and I have to say, looking rather gorgeous. But, I've yet to address a single Christmas card. That's on my to-do list for the very immediate future! I remember as a kid loving to see and read all of the Christmas cards that were sent to my parents - this was back before email, certainly before blogging - when that once-a-year card meant so very much, each card with a nice handwritten note and maybe a few photos enclosed too. I hate to see this tradition wane, but it does seem that every year fewer and fewer cards get sent out. 

It's been another tradition of mine to buy cards that support the UNICEF organization. I always pick mine up at Pier1, but I've seen them at other shops like Barnes and Noble too. If you're not familiar with UNICEF or you'd like to learn a little bit more about their mission check out their website: http://www.unicefusa.org/work/.

Their shop website is: http://www.unicefusa.org/shop/

I think it's truly a wonderful cause to support.

No comments:

Post a Comment