Friday, December 2, 2011

flowerful friday

It's December 2nd, and the snapdragons in my garden are the only flowers still in bloom. I put together a bouquet of my snapdragons along with ivy, scented geranium, lavender, and a few sprigs of evergreen from the garden. The lavender and peppermint scented geranium leaves smell divine. 

Snapdragons must be one of the best "bang for your buck" annuals. I planted them in May and here it is December and they are still blooming, of course, they're not as bountiful as they were in the summer. But their prolific blooms do amaze me. One more reason to love these whimsical and frilly yet strong flower. 
probably one of the last bouquets
from my garden for the year
snapdragon, close up -
frilly yet hardy

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/04/2011

    You really know how to garden and arrange the flowers!

    ReplyDelete