Wednesday, December 7, 2011

warm colors for a cold day

There's nothing like a little mind over matter on a day when it's bitterly cold outside. I love warm colors because even on a day like today these hues can make me feel a little toasty inside, and if I try hard enough I can imagine myself somewhere tropical, perhaps with my toes in the sand and a cool drink in my hand. Ah, doesn't that sound nice?

Well, I can't get to a tropical beach today, so the best I can do is look at some warm color photos I snapped while shopping in Chicago this past weekend. I'm in awe of how so many shops (here, Anthropologie and Merz Apothocary) can make something humble, like bars of soap, into practically a piece of art. 
the cutest juice glasses
in candy colors
 
hmmm...which to pick?
 
what lovely colors!
which would you choose?

I'd like one of each!
Porto Claus soaps -
as divinely scented
 as they are
 beautifully wrapped!
at Merz


No comments:

Post a Comment