Monday, December 12, 2011

3 years ago & 100 years ago

3 years ago - December 12, 2008 - my then boyfriend, my now husband proposed to me. We were in Breckenridge, Colorado, and it was a perfectly clear night - the moon was glowing and making the snow on the ground and coating the trees twinkle like something magical was afoot. The stars were so bright, like little diamonds strewn across the sky - it couldn't have been a more stunningly gorgeous night. I don't have any photos that capture the beauty of the scenery, but I have the most crystal clear memories! What a happy day that was!
a Christmas ornament given to my
husband and me by my parents to
remember the very special
day of our engagement!
100 years ago today - December 12, 1911 - my paternal grandfather was born! My brother and I called him "Poppop", and I have so many wonderful memories of him. I loved the way he would hit the mute button on the tv remote as soon as any commercials would come on, the way he praised me for thinking that Wonder Bread was really not that wonderful and actually rather awful, and how in his own quiet demeanor he exuded warmth to all of his many, many grandkids. Happy 100th to Poppop!
Poppop and me (trying my
best to look very serious and grown-up!)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12/12/2011

    What a special day of a special woman!

    ReplyDelete