Thursday, August 4, 2011

garden inspiration

Where do you get your ideas for your garden? For me, there are several resources I flock to for inspiration. From neighbors' yards (I happen to be very lucky to live in a neighborhood where beautifully groomed gardens are commonplace) to movies (think anything set in the English countryside) to places I travel (most recently to Charleston and San Francisco) to botanical gardens (near and far) and perhaps most importantly from gardening books. Chocked full of helpful information and inspiring photographs, gardening books are the easiest and most instant way to visualize the garden of my dreams. In wintertime I cling to these books and long for the return of warm weather. 

Here are some of my favorite gardening books. A few of these are loaners from my mom & dad. 
all gardening bases are covered
my little reference collection

No comments:

Post a Comment