Sunday, August 7, 2011

warm weather dinner - shrimp tacos

Grilled shrimp tacos are one of my favorite summertime dishes. I use shell on shrimp - so much more flavor! - and marinate them in lots of garlic, minced hot chili peppers (any type will do), olive oil, cilantro, salt and pepper and then a little bit before they hit the grill I add fresh lime juice to the mixture.
the shrimp all lined up on skewers
The shrimp get even better when there are 2 types of salsa - chunky & spicy tomato and lime & mango to dollop on top. But perhaps most importantly, fresh guacamole is a must. I like my guac citrusy, bright from lots of lime, cilantro and balanced with garlic and a heaping of heat from fresh chili peppers.
chunky tomato salsa, straight from the garden,
cool and tangy mango salsa,
and bright and creamy guacamole...yum!
All plated up with toasted corn tortillas, the perfect summertime dinner is served.
shrimp tacos - the perfect warm weather dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment