Sunday, August 14, 2011

fresh sardines - the perfect catch

At the grocery about a week ago I walked past the seafood section and out of the corner of my eyes I spotted fresh sardines. Both my husband and I were delighted with this find and couldn't wait to grill them up for dinner. Served along side grilled rosemary flatbread and a tomato salad with lots and lots of fresh herbs, it made for a simple and completely delicious dinner. We are both hoping to see more fresh sardines at the market soon. They're so good for you, easy to fix, so tasty, and plentiful on both coasts - making fresh sardines the perfect catch.
grilled with olive and coarse sea salt
a variety of sliced tomatoes
(from the garden, of course!)
with lots of herbs, a pinch of salt,
and a dash of olive oil
and dinner is served!

1 comment: