Tuesday, August 16, 2011

a picture paints a thousand words - #5

There's something about this photo that I find so incredibly calming. Perhaps it's the monochromatic cool bluish-greys that makes my breath slow down a little bit, winding down my entire being. Perhaps it's the photo's ability to take me back, instantly to the place and time I captured this scene. The air was humid yet cool, the sun was setting, I was tired after a very long day, but the peacefulness of the surroundings were comforting. This location was so rural, and I remember thinking to myself, this is how it much have been when my grandfather, traveling from Bangkok, first visited this part of Thailand as a young man.
the Mekong
I took this photo while standing on the Thai side of the Mekong, looking across the wide river to Laos. If you click onto the photo, it will expand the view and if you look really really closely, you'll see two fisherman standing waist high in river. 

No comments:

Post a Comment