Tuesday, May 29, 2012

91 years young

My great aunt passed away this morning in Paris. She split her time between her native Paris and her husband's native Bangkok. She was 91. Aunty Suzanne was from another era - when impeccable manners were the norm - of which she exemplified.  She had been a widow for decades and was so in love with her husband (my grandfather's cousin and my mom's godfather) that when she would tell us stories of when they were young her cheeks would go all rosy. It was lovely to see. Her kindness will always be an inspiration to me. She gave me access to the stories of a generation in my family now gone, and I am so fortunate to have been able to know dear Aunty Suzanne. It gives me so much happiness to know that she and her beloved husband are now reunited.
Paris

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/29/2012

    Aunty Suzanne will be so happy so happy to see this! Very well written with a perfect photo!

    ReplyDelete