Wednesday, February 16, 2011

cameo colored chevrons

A recently completed scarf made for a surprise gift to a friend - a friend who's an inspiration to me and if you knew her I bet you'd feel the same way! The pattern is called "chevron" - it was a fun new pattern for me to learn, and I doubled it to make the width I was looking for. The yarn is Manos del Uruguay's Handspun Semi-Solid in the "cameo" color - it's definitely more lavender than pink. My friend I knitted this for is one of those ladies with a fair, pretty & rosey complexion, which is why I thought this color would look nice on her! And luckily for me, it knitted up like a charm.

For all of you knitters out there that haven't used Manos del Uruguay's yarns, I really do adore them - great feel, never itchy, and beautiful colors. And what's more, the company stands for such a great cause. Since the late 1960's, Manos del Uruguay has promoted social and economic development for women in rural Uruguay. You can read more about the company's mission at their website -http://www.manos.com.uy/. The company's objective is obviously commendable, and their yarns are wonderful! A win-win, don't you think?!

the chevron pattern -
I doubled it to increase
the scarf's width
a close up - can't you feel the softness?

here I'm modeling the scarf - 
this yarn drapes nicely and has a nice weight

No comments:

Post a Comment