Monday, February 28, 2011

a proverbial truth

I live somewhere where there are 4 seasons. I enjoy what winter, spring, summer and fall have to offer. But, around this time each year, I start getting antsy. I'm ready for the snow to melt, the temperature to rise, and the calendar to move on to what's next in store so that winter clothes can be packed away and I can feel the warmth of sun once again. Recently, I stumbled across a proverb that I am quite fond of and find apropo for this time of year and the mood I'm feeling.

No matter how long the winter, spring is sure to follow.

Of course this is obvious - spring always follows winter - but don't you sometimes think that when we find ourselves stuck in a seemingly never-ending winter, we lose sight of the warmer days to come? On this last day of February, I'm taking comfort in this proverb's truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment