Wednesday, February 2, 2011

details, details everywhere (part 1)

A recent trip to Andalucia made a lasting impression on me - the amount of detail and embellishment everywhere is not easily forgotten. The traditional decor and design in southern Spain is certainly not one of minimalism, and its curvilinear charm left its mark in my memory. I found the ornate features that could be seen on ceilings, walls, and the ground below so attractive. As I had never seen so much attention give to the ground below, I could be seen with my camera pointed downwards, snapping photos of the streets, sidewalks, and courtyard floors. 
an attractive design makes for
a charming courtyard
a motif adorning
a walkway
even a drainage system
is embellished
 
a straight line becomes
anything but ordinary
and a serpentine curve is extraordinary

No comments:

Post a Comment