Sunday, May 22, 2011

green beans, Thai style

Both my husband and I love spicy food, and having a Thai mom, I grew up eating Thai food very regularly. I inherited many traits from my mom, one is a preference to not cook from recipes. I think we do much better cooking with our senses. For this green bean stir fry, I pulled together some very basic Thai ingredients I keep on hand. The only ingredient I wish I had had in the fridge was fresh ginger. Regardless, the stir fry was delicious - with all of those well balanced Thai flavors so many of us love - spicy, sweet, salty and of course fresh.
the assembled ingredients: green beans, Sriricha,
Thai vinegar, Thai fish sauce, chopped cilantro,
red pepper flakes (use fresh chili if you have it),
minced garlic, brown sugar, and cashews
(use peanuts if you prefer)
everything cooking up nicely in my wok
the finished dish, with chopped
cashews on top -
delicious!


1 comment: