Monday, May 9, 2011

tour of Charleston, part 1

Charleston, South Carolina is a city filled with so much beauty. Every street in the historical downtown district is simply stunning. I think this could be the prettiest city that I've visited in the U.S! So much attention is given to little details - the details seen in the ornate wood and iron work is remarkable. You can walk around and really know that the residents of this lovely city take pride in their homes. Here are several photos I took of the many lovely front doors that I saw while enjoying a carriage ride around the historic district. 

ornate wood work
I'd like to sit out on this
screened-in porch with a
glass of lemonade!
I just love this entrance...
look at all that climbing jasmine!
quaint, isn't it?
a sense of grandeur

No comments:

Post a Comment