Monday, May 23, 2011

Provence lace wrap

My current knitting project is slowly progressing and taking shape. I'm making a lace weight wrap using Cascade Lace Alpaca yarn in the color Provence. It is very thin yarn, and it took me a few rows before I really had a good feel for how to knit with this yarn. Now that I have the hang of it, I'm really enjoying knitting with this yarn. It's so soft, so light weight and completely itch-free. 

Each skein of this yarn is 437 yards, and I have 5 yards, so quite a bit of yarn! The wrap is approximately 23 inches wide, I cast on 138 for this width. So far, I've knitted 50 rows and because the yarn is so delicate and thin, this is a rather slow project. But, I'm sure it will be finished in time for autumn weather. Don't you think this color will look so nice in the fall? Stay tuned for the completed project!
this is 50 rows - so I have many
more rows to go!
a close-up of the yarn -
isn't it beautiful?

No comments:

Post a Comment