Tuesday, May 24, 2011

potted plants to the rescue

We live in an old neighborhood; our house dates back to the 1930's. Like so many neighborhoods from that era, the houses are quite close together. We like to think that what we lack in side yards, we make up for in a truly beautiful neighborhood with unique houses, grand old oak trees, and lots of charm. The downside of teeny side yards is, of course, privacy. One of our kitchen windows looks directly at the back of our neighbor's house, and truthfully there are many other views I'd rather see. In the winter I try to mask the view with bundles of tied evergreens. Now that it's warm enough, I put several potted plants on the window sill and my potting table, which sits just outside the window. I think it makes for a lovely view, from both outside and inside!
from the outside -
a little bit French, non?
from the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment