Sunday, May 15, 2011

a year of being home

We closed on our house just about 1 year ago, and we moved in shortly after we painted almost every room. Picking paint colors that we like helped us create our nest. As soon as we moved in, our house felt like home. I feel so lucky to have that feeling because I know not everyone feels that way about where they live. I've put together some before and after shots of some of our rooms. Our to-do list is still rather lengthy, but we take comfort in knowing we don't want to move anytime soon. We love our house - for it is truly home sweet home.

the living room: before
the living room: after
lots of punches of colors
all anchored by the most calming grey on the walls
the dining room: before
the dining room: after
the perfect neutrals so that
flowers and food always pop!
the half-bath: before

the half-bath: after
beautifully renovated
by my husband
my future office: before
my office: after
the most colorful room: green tea walls, purple art,
and accents of blue - reminds me of summer!
master bedroom: before
master bedroom: after
charcoal by day, deep blue at night
it is a wonderful sleeping color
guest bedroom: before
guest bedroom: after
pale powder blue walls with cream colors,
reminds me of the sky

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous5/15/2011

    Congratulations on the job so well done, the rooms are beautiful! Sure love the Ginger Tom in the guest bedroom ;-) Many happy years to follow!!!

    ReplyDelete