Monday, April 25, 2011

fraternal twins?

Work takes me to Minneapolis and St. Paul quite frequently. I don't usually mind the travel; these are two great cities with lots to do and see and I have a few friends who live up here, so that is a definite perk. And now that the winter thaw has receded and spring is reaching even these far flung northerly cities, there is a little more lightness in every one's step and on every one's face. Winter is hard here, even more severe than in Madison, where I live.

The contrast in architecture between St. Paul and Minneapolis is great. Despite their physical appearance differences, I like both cities and their aesthetics. Here are a few shots I've captured with my camera phone while staying up in the Twin Cities - it's funny that they are named the Twin Cities, because to me, they seem so different on so many levels.

Minneapolis, old and new
a Minneapolis mixture
Minneapolis, Art Deco in the center
thoroughly modern on either side
to me, quintessential St. Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment