Thursday, April 28, 2011

shout out - Oiseaux

I wanted to bring back the "shout out" post for another Etsy shop, Oiseaux. I think the "shout out" posts will become regular posts as I find/am reminded of great stores/shops/websites etc.

I've been a fan of Oiseaux for awhile now. Oiseaux specializes in the most sweet and tender book plates for children. About 2 years ago, I purchased a set of book plates for our friends' newly born daughter. This Easter, in lieu of chocolate bunnies or other candy, I decided to give our Goddaughter, Magnolia, and my dear friend Kate's baby boy, Matthew, book plates from Oiseaux. 

I remember my favorite books from my childhood well - for awhile my particular favorite was "A Time to Keep" by Tasha Tudor. This book has such beautiful illustrations; images that still trigger my imagination. I love children's books to begin with, and I think they make such wonderful gifts. So, to me, book plates are like a little cherry on the top of an already delicious item!  

If you like old fashioned images of fairy tales, animals, and sweet of childhood images, I think you'll love Oiseaux's shop too.

Oiseaux's Etsy shop can be found at:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/oiseaux.

for my Goddaughter,
the sweetest little girl around,
Magnolia

for the handsomest little
fellow, Matthew

No comments:

Post a Comment