Wednesday, April 13, 2011

sweets for my sweet

Today is my husband's birthday so, of course, there was much reason to celebrate! I managed to bake him little cakes for the occasion and since it's just the 2 of us so a big cake wasn't completely necessary. I made angel food cake topped with chocolate ganache and blackberries. I'm admittedly not the best baker (too many rules to follow!) but in the end I was pleased with how these little cakes, almost like petit fours, turned out. They were quite tasty too!
the ganache glistens, doesn't it?

chocolate and fruit,
a perfect combo!

the birthday boy with our little Nino,
a curious on-looker

I do love the glow
from a birthday candle
Happiest of birthday wishes to my wonderfully loving husband.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous4/14/2011

    Beautiful mini birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete