Tuesday, April 5, 2011

vivat crescat floreat

By now you probably picked up on my recent theme - Latin post titles. Why Latin? I don't really know why, but I thought it would be a nice side project to work this "dead" language into our lives just a little bit. Today's post title, "vivat crescat floreat" is the Latin phrase: "May it live, grow and flourish". It's quite a pretty saying isn't it?

Below is the picture from a card my mom gave me a few years ago (I hold on to cards that I think are particularly meaningful and/or beautiful - and to me, this one fit both bills) and since I wrote recently about the lotus flower, I thought this image could help continue the theme of what the lotus represents. The original image is a watercolor painting by the Thai artist Somboon Phoungdorkmai.  


isn't it lovely?


No comments:

Post a Comment