Monday, June 13, 2011

classic color combinations #2 - blue and green

I've always been of the mind-set that if a color combination occurs in nature then it's fail safe. A recent walk around my neighborhood inspired me and made me realize how blue and green is one of the most calming color combinations. Think of all greens and blues that can be seen outdoors and all of the senses that are triggered from those colors. As I write this I can see a light blue sky and an abundance of emerald green leaves, but I also hear the breeze through those leaves as if the wind/sky gives sound to these colors. When you think about how intertwined our senses are, isn't it quite remarkable? 
a neighbor's gorgeous irises -
aren't they striking?
I love the silhouette of trees against the sky -
blue and green at its classic best!

also photographed from a neighbor's garden -
there's a certain regal whimsy to these flowers

could there be any better spotlight to
showcase these light blue flowers against
their deep green backdrop?

No comments:

Post a Comment