Wednesday, June 1, 2011

tiers of joy

One of highlights of spring is when our lovely little crab apple blooms. The light flowers have a delicate scent. Their fragrance reminds me so much of being a young girl and playing outside in the springtime. There were crab apple trees at a nearby park that along with my best childhood friend, I would climb and sit up on the limbs for what seemed like hours.

One addition I decided to incorporate into our mostly white garden with our crab apple found just outside our kitchen, is an adorable 3 tiered plant stand - a wedding shower gift from family friends. In the pots, I planted the palest of yellow petunias. It makes for a joyful view from inside our house.   
petunias, flowering crab apple, herb garden,
and of course, our garden gnome

No comments:

Post a Comment