Sunday, June 19, 2011

happy Father's day!

Wishing all of the dad's out there a very happy Father's day, most especially mine. My dad is one of a kind - and I count my blessings to have him as my father. Happiest of memories include him spinning me around in the yard to my heart's content (I apparently seemed to enjoy dizziness when I was little), dancing with me in our living room while early 80s tunes played (my dad has the true talent of being able to do the twist to any song at any tempo - it is a gift!), teaching me to ride my bike without training wheels (which by the way spawned an entire neighborhood father "teach your daughter how to ride her bike" afternoon that was in hindsight, comical to say the least!) to more recently like when my husband and I were married and my dad made for the most handsome father of the bride as he once again twirled me on the dance floor while the band played "It's a Wonderful World". What an appropriate song when one has such a loving, generous, kind-hearted dad to call their own. 
my dad and my husband -
this photo fills
my heart with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment