Monday, June 6, 2011

the sound of music

Thrilled isn't an adequate enough of a word to describe how I felt when our new piano arrived last week. I was positively elated, giddy, and ready to start playing! The delivery men seemed quite tickled to see such a enthusiastic, almost child-like response from me as they brought the piano inside.

Both my husband and I grew up in households with a piano, and we - though neither of us are exceptional players - felt that a piano was something that we wanted for our home too since we are both lovers of music. Don't you think there is something to be said about a home filled with music? The new piano has been a source of pure pleasure. There's lots of practicing to be done, but that's OK - there's absolutely no pressure for us to perform - it's simply a musical and creative outlet for both of us and has proved to be a great way for us to relax at the end of the day.
isn't it beautiful?
I think it looks lovely in our living room, the sound is glorious, and to me, the best part of our new piano is that we will have it and happy memories associated with it with us throughout our lives. The sound of music is so powerful!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/06/2011

    It looks perfect there! Happy for you!

    ReplyDelete