Tuesday, March 29, 2011

color therapy - grey

As you know if you read this blog on at all on a regular basis, I love colors - bright, cheery colors. But there's a side to me that also leans towards more neutral colors, especially shades of grey. I think it's the ultimate "goes with everything" color for decorating and wearing because it's so easy to accent it with any other color.

I have been hesitant to post photos of grey images all winter because, I thought we all (including myself) were in much need of some distraction, so I up until now I opted for images of tropical oranges and pinks, bright royal blues, and emerald greens. But now that spring is here, I think we can all handle looking at and appreciating these mostly grey photos and how beautiful this "dreary" color can actually be.

the Oregon coastline
moody, dark, yet
kind of beautiful in it's own way
a winter sky, Wisconsin
meandering lines of coral,
Vieques
again, the Oregon coastline
a brave gull, hopefully
homeward bound
no place can make greys appear
more beautiful than Paris

No comments:

Post a Comment