Monday, March 14, 2011

a colorful comparison

My two favorite cities in the world are Bangkok and Paris - both are places where not only do I never tire of visiting, I think I could live and thrive in each. Below are two photos I took - one from each city.  

The 1st photo is a close up of a pillar at Bangkok's Royal Palace. The 2nd shot is a photo of a stained glass window at the St. Chapelle in Paris. Despite the differences there is something that strikes me as similar between the two in a very abstract way. Take a look - isn't it a little remarkable how the color choices unite the two? Both are beautifully ornate. I think there is also something similar in appearance between the reflections the mirrors cast in the 1st photo and the lightness of the glass in the 2nd picture.   

quintessential Thai design

glass from the exquisite 
Gothic chapel,
dating from approximately 1240
Obviously the locales are a world apart from each other and the images above reflect unique styles and art from different time periods; however I think both are beautiful and that there is something amazing about the two that makes them quite aesthetically similar.

No comments:

Post a Comment