Sunday, March 6, 2011

an ideal man

Today we celebrated my dad's 65th birthday! I remember like it was just yesterday when he turned 40, and I sat on his lap as he blew out his birthday candles. To me, the past 25 years have flown by, as I'm sure they have for my dad too. I'm blessed with a dad who is an ideal man - a man possessing great integrity and generosity, a thirst for knowledge, and a spirit full of laughter. I have seldom seen anyone who when taken by something really funny, can get their entire body so fully involved in the laughter  (mental picture: a clap or two of the hands, a least one kick of the knee, and lots of head bobbing - it often ends with him laughing so hard there is some concern he might choke...which is a whole other matter). Regardless, it's a great feat to witness. The laughter is of course always contagious and always welcome.

Happiest birthday wishes to my dear dad! 
the birthday boy's cake!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment