Tuesday, January 18, 2011

chocolate almond brownies

Brownies are my go-to baking choice mostly because they're so easy.  And for me, when making brownies adding nuts is a must.  I love how they add crunch and just a little bit of different flavor.  I really am partial to almonds and they're the perfect addition to a pretty traditional brownie recipe.  I've tweaked a brownie recipe that I came across a few years ago and I think the result is so very good - these are the moistest brownies ever!  


Ingredients:
2 sticks unsalted butter
8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
2 cups sugar
1tsp good vanilla extract
5 eggs
2/3 cup flour
1/3 cup good cocoa powder & about 1T for dusting pan
pinch of salt
1 cup roughly chopped almonds

Preheat oven to 350F, butter & dust a 13x9 pan.  Over lowish heat melt your butter and chopped chocolate, until smooth.  Stir in your sugar, vanilla & eggs.  In a separate bowl combine your flour, cocoa powder & salt.  Take your dry ingredients and whisk into your wet ingredients until all combined.  Add the almonds & stir.  Pour and spread into your pan, bake for 25-30 minutes.  Wait to cool and enjoy.  I hope you give them a try!

a few of the ingredients

almonds and chocolate - not a bad combo

ready to enjoy
with a little whipped cream

1 comment: