Tuesday, January 4, 2011

persimmon blanket

This is my big knitting splurge of the season.  I'm using Manos del Uruguay's beautiful Handspun Semi Solid wool.  I really love this yarn - it's soft, easy to knit with, and so warm.  I made a cowl a few seasons back from this yarn and was happy to have another project that could use the same yarn.  I bought the yarn from Purl Soho: http://www.purlsoho.com/purl/products/item/1081-Manos-Del-Uruguay-Handspun-Semi-Solids, and they have the most amazing selection of colors.  I pretty much adore everything from Purl Soho, which made it was so hard to choose the color for the blanket.  I ended up going for persimmon for two reasons: I wanted a cheery color to cuddle up with in the winter, and it was one color my husband also liked. 


Persimmon Blanket
I have just about 1 foot knitted so far, and with the amount of yarn I bought, the throw should be about 5 1/2 feet long.  I'm using size 9 circular needles and think the gauge is just right - not too tight, not too lacy.  The pattern I use for this is so easy: cast on any multiple of three then k1, *yarn over, k2together, slip on one as if to purl*.  Repeat and repeat from * to *!  This is one of my favorite patterns because it's simple - allowing me to at least hold a conversation when I knit and because the end product always drapes so nicely.  I'll post a final shot when it's completed.  I think my orange tabby cat is going to look quite handsome on this blanket! 

No comments:

Post a Comment