Sunday, January 23, 2011

popcorn perfected

This popcorn is nothing less than amazing.  It's my rendition of the popcorn served in lieu of bread at Graham Elliot: http://www.grahamelliot.com/.  Chicago is full of incredible restaurants, and this is one of my favorites - super creative and delicious food without an ounce of pretension.  Every time I've eaten there I was able to experience something completely new.  Graham Elliot's popcorn was so delectable, and I knew pretty much immediately after tasting it the first time that I would have to try my hand at making it at home.  My version turned out to be so close to the real deal - I couldn't be more pleased with the delicious results!

Here's what you'll need:
good popcorn (I like making mine on the stove top)
just a little canola oil to pop the corn with
chopped chives
grated Parmesan cheese
truffle oil
Kosher salt
coarsely ground black pepper

Basically, all you need to do is make your popcorn, add your dry ingredients and then drizzle with the truffle oil.  The end result is the most flavorful popcorn you can imagine.  Give it a try - I promise you won't be disappointed!

the ingredients

amazingly delicious truffle oil

the end product...
this picture doesn't do it justice!

No comments:

Post a Comment