Sunday, January 30, 2011

a whisper-like softness

You might remember the recent blog post, "a growing to-do list" where I photographed 2 new yarns I purchased. Happily, I've had a little free time this weekend, and I started a new project with 1 of the 2 new yarns. I'm using the "Sand" colored yarn that is such a delightful blend of mohair and silk. It is unbelievably light and airy. I'm using my size 8 bamboo needles and using the exact same stitch pattern I described in the "persimmon blanket" post. This "Sand" project is going to be a wrap or a scarf - depending on how much yarn I end up having! I'm not using a "real" pattern, but rather just knitting and waiting to see what ends up being created. This yarn, in this most gentle color, makes for such whisper-like softness!  I love how understated the color is. Don't you think this subtle hue really accentuates the delicate lace pattern?

a close up of my newest knitting project

this airy lace pattern is, to me,
quite timeless

No comments:

Post a Comment