Tuesday, January 25, 2011

monochromatic polychrome

This winter, I've been so loyal to 2 grey wool sweaters - one is thick and dark grey & one is thin and light grey. They are both cozy and soft, and I've oh so appreciated them on cold days as they've kept me warm. But, bright colors have been on my mind lately. As January is coming to an end, I'm getting more and more excited for the return of color and the vibrancy of spring.  

I've received lots of catalogues lately - both clothing and gardening.  It's funny how even though all of these various companies are selling completely different products, they are selling the exact same idea - the idea that it's time for COLOR!  

As I kid I remember thinking how cool of a job it would be to be the person to name crayon colors. Actually, I think that would still be a pretty great gig.  I think, maybe, I've always been kind of color oriented. So, I put together some photos all of which are rather monochromatic, with 1 dominate color.  Don't you think that when viewed together, they make for a rather delightful, polychrome display?  

 colbalt evening sky
making a beautiful city 
even more so - Venice

a humble vegetable stand 
with rich emerald greens - Bangkok

cool violet mums
each petal is perfection!

fuschia bougainvillea
 paper thin petals 
bravely withstanding the tropical sun

the warmest of orange-y gold leaf
an amazing sight to behold
Reclining Buddha - Bangkok

canary doesn't sum up how
sublime this yellow is...

what would you name
this shade?

No comments:

Post a Comment