Thursday, January 6, 2011

home sweet home

Happily, I'm home after spending the last four days away for work.  The 4 1/2 hour drive home was quietly uneventful, and the sunset over the snow blanketed farmland between Minneapolis and Madison was like a picturesque pastel canvas.  Delicate pinks and apricots gently danced across greyish, baby blues which made for an amazing light show while the rolling hills and evergreens looked as perfectly crisp as winter can be.  But once the sun set, ending this beautiful show, I was on a mission to get home.

Waiting for me at home tonight were my two boys.  Haven't we all felt that Dorothy was so incredibly right when she declared "there's no place like home"?  Such a warm fuzzy feeling opening the front door and being able to see these two.  Home sweet home...
my boys

No comments:

Post a Comment