Wednesday, January 5, 2011

morning glory

While yesterday was so very cold, the sky was a deep and bright blue, which made the coldness so much more bearable.  Today the sky is solid grey with no peeks of sunshine at all.  Needing some kind of distraction, I pulled up an image I captured with my iPhone this summer of a blue Morning Glory blooming most beautifully in a neighbor's yard.  The blue is the same intense hue that the sky was yesterday. 

my neighbor's Morning Glory

I've always been partial to Morning Glory.  In my mind it conjures up an image of a quaint English cottage.  Maybe there's tea and scones waiting inside.  Wouldn't that be lovely?  And, when I was little, my mom grew them outside of our living room window so they were visible from inside.  I remember being so very intrigued by those blooms and how they opened for the sun every morning. 

So nice to think of the Morning Glory's saturated blue blooms on a grey winter day...

No comments:

Post a Comment